Monday, July 21, 2008

Town Hall Meeting: To plant or not to plant on 13th Road???

The new plans for the rest of the 13th Road plantings will be held on Tuesday night, July 22nd! Make sure that you come and listen to the plans for the area...which will only cost about $14,000 per section. I believe there are 3 sections that the Grounds Committee wants to see finished...however only 2 would be done this year.

If you can, I suggest at looking at what the initial plantings look like at the moment on 13th Road. I have no idea why those plants cost so much...so hopefully this will be fully explained at the meeting. There are a lot of purple wild flower looking things...thus my confusion. I thought I saw seeds for that at the local CVS?

In addition, I'd like to see how these initial plants flourish...and then decide to spend another $30 or $40 thousand dollars to do the same thing again all the way down the road. Why do we have to hurry to spend money?

Residents should also take into consideration the gutter system that would be included...since the new system clogs very easily on 13th Road as a result of the upgrades. I mentioned this in my June 17th post if you want more details.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

has anyone seen my monkey ,could it be in the plant rolls ,or on 13th road .........

Anonymous said...

I saw your monkey!!

He was on his way down to 13th road, and looked like he stopped for a bite to eat.

The monkey shouldn't play in the street, though.

Arlington Village Owner said...

Some people may think that this topic is funny or frivolous. It's not. There are plenty of other sites on the web for people to amuse themselves with...please don't use this one for your playground. Thank you in advance for being courteous.

Anonymous said...

There is no need for a gutter/drainage system on the other parts of the project. Just regrading and plantings. I went to the meeting and someone asked that question. The regrading does seem necessary in one part...but not sure I see the need for the project to extend from Edgewood to Barton. Seems extreme.

Anonymous said...

I tried posting something and the following popped up, "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval".

I guess this blog is inly open to the comments of the owner and not to the rest of the residents. We are being screened.....

Anonymous said...

After the meeting, your monkey was last seen traveling on 13th rd heading towards I beleive S Cleveland St. & he didn't look to happy.

Anonymous said...

I am confused by your comment about being screened. Comments for blog postings over 14 days old are normally screened, I am sure, to keep topics relevant and up to date. Maybe you should take a blogging course.

And, guess what, I am writing this, but I am not the moderator or keeper of this blog. I also didn't have to have my comment screened.

Anonymous said...

Who's this monkey person? You're not making any sense or being relevant.