Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pike Business of the Week - Bob and Edith's

In the next few years, there willl be a lot of development and new businesses and restaurants in the area. I thought maybe on Thursday's we could start highlighting area businesses close to Arlington Village. That way...if you have visited that establishment...we could get a review from our friends and neighbors.

Our first business is a great 24-hour diner located at 2310 Columbia Pike. It's been on the Pike forever and most of the entrees are $10 and below. Be ready to stand in line on weekend mornings though...it is quite popular because of the location and the prices...but definitely worth the wait in my opinion.

It should be noted that they had a second location further down the Pike which has closed recently. This location is now being looked at for development. Read the story from the Washington Business Journal which discusses the Pike's potential for development and the new trolley/streetcar proposal.

4 comments:

Kinney said...

Bob & Edith's is a great place to grab a bite to eat and hang out with friends. It is cheap and decent food, though not particularly healthy. You can hang out and just talk for hours (late at night at least) for just a few bucks. I have been going there since high school and I love it. An Arlington classic.

I am very happy that it is the new B&E is getting developed and the original is staying. Mr. Eisenberg is an amazingly nice guy, and I am really rooting for him to succeed with his project. Full disclosure, I think my father may be doing some of the legal work for Mr. Eisenberg but I am not positive.

Beach Bum said...

Do you know what happened with the HUGE Bob & Edith's near 4 Mile Run on Columbia Pike? Went to eat there the other day and it was closed, the smaller one never has parking...

Beach Bum said...

Ok, just read the article, they closed in 2007? I'm a retard, live nearby and hadn't even noticed! I'm sad, that was really close to me...

Still wondering why they closed though

Anonymous said...

Yucky food at Bob and Edith's. Don't understand the attraction.