Monday, June 23, 2008

Who parked in my spot?

Yes, the infamous problem of parking in Arlington Village. Do you park on the street or are you parked in one of the few Arlington Village lots? Have you been spied on and gotten a ticket for not having an Arlington County sticker or gotten the dreaded letter for out-of-state license plates?

It’s true, there are people that call the police when they see cars without Arlington County stickers. There are also people that put notes on cars that they deem an “eye sore”. I think this type of behavior isn’t abnormal but since we are in such tight proximity to others…it sometimes makes you wonder how crazy ARE your neighbors?

It seems like Arlington Village had a parking committee but I’m not sure if it still around. I know that they must have had something to do with charging for PODS! I think this is a bit ridiculous. I can see having a rule that a POD can only be there for a certain amount of time…maybe 2 days…since it takes time to move all of your belongings. However, I’ve had PODS located near me and it really wasn’t that much of an inconvenience. Eventually, most people are going to move…so do you want to be treated like this when you move in the future? You’d hope that your neighbors would be tolerant and the village wouldn’t charge you an arm and a leg.

On another note, the worst thing that I’ve heard about parking is that there are people that habitually park in the handicap spots and they aren’t handicapped. NOT COOL! These spots are there for a reason…just because they are open and close to your front door…doesn’t make it right for you to park there.

Any other parking problems or solutions you have for the Village?

No comments: