Monday, June 16, 2008

Greetings to our new blog!

Hello Arlington Village Residents!

I hope this brand new blog becomes a great way to communicate about our lovely community. We can discuss the good, the bad and everything in between.

We have loads to talk about such as: Board elections coming up in October, lots of construction and issues happening with the Columbia Pike Revitalization, new ideas on how to update the grounds of the Village and the day-to-day running of our association.

I initially thought of creating this blog because I was hearing a lot of grumbling from my neighbors. However, I don't think a blog that only airs resident problems is either useful or productive. I believe that the more our community talks to one another about everything that touches the village...the better off we will all be!

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you took the time to do this. I'm definitely going to tell my neighbors about it.

Unknown said...

I heard about this blog by word-of-mouth. Is there any plan to announce it in the Crier? How else do you plan to get the word out about the blog? I think that the blog will be a great way for residents to communicate and stay on top of what's going on. Also, I note that "comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author." Does that mean that sometimes our comments won't get posted? What types of comments, for example, will the blog author not post?

Arlington Village Owner said...

Lily...thanks for your note. The blog is mostly word of mouth and I've seen some people actually put up fliers. So...it looks like people like getting information about the Village and surrounding area. If you have any ideas to get the word out please let me know... avcondoowner@yahoo.com

I'm not sure if the Board would allow posting the address of the blog in the Crier.

As for some comments needing approval...it is only on posts older than 14 days. That's so if someone posts a question or comment that needs an answer...I don't miss it. It just might take a day to get published. Sorry for the delay.